F.A.Q. (Work in progress)
Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:43 PM
- How do I install a texture pack?
- What can I do to be sure the problem I found is a bug?
- The interface is too bulky, what can I do?
- When I start the UI Patcher, it says that the files are in the wrong directory. What can I do?
- When I visit a vendor, I used to be able to right-click and item and be able to buy the item. Now, when I right-click the item, the vendor scorns me as if I am trying to drag it and says "If you'd like to purchase an item, just say so.". What can I do?
- I have resized the map as much as possible, but still too big for me. What can I do?
- I read about many settings for the new chat, but I can't find them. Where are those settings?
- The client uses to crash too often, what can I do?
- I'd like to make a donation in game, can I do that?
- Where can I find my character's profile?
- How do I regenerate my character's profile?
Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:43 PM
A: There are 2 ways to fix this problem:
1) User Interface -> Options -> UI Scale
Changing the UI scale will shrink the entire interface.
!!! BE CAREFUL !!! a low scale could create some problems with certain gump's text!
2) User Interface -> Pinco's UI -> Enable scale mode
When enabled you can use the mouse wheel to shrink almost every window/gump.
Remember to disable it in order to create a mess while playing
Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:27 PM
A: Follow this checklist in order to fix the problem:
1) Check again the file location and be sure that they are in the right directory (without sub-folders).
2) From windows: Start -> Run -> "Regedit"
NOTE: if you can't find "Run" on the start menu:
Win XP/Vista: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where's_the_Run_command_on_my_Start_Menu
Win 7: http://www.nirmaltv....u-in-windows-7/
3) Find the following key:
(for 32 bit systems)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Ultima Online Enhanced
(for 64 bit systems)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Ultima Online Enhanced
4) Remove that key.
5) If the problem is not solved, there could be few other causes:
- The .NET Framework 2.0 is missing (REMEMBER: 2.0, higher versions are not the same thing)
- DirectX 9.0c is missing.
In rare case (if you start the game with EC PlaySound), you can get a file missing error. In that case, try to install the audio/video codec.
To install the codecs, use this package: K-Lite Codec Pack
Posted 24 July 2011 - 07:07 AM
A: Disable the "Enable Quick Loot On All Containers" from User Settings -> Pinco's UI.
Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:26 AM
A: There are few ways to reduce the crashes:
- Make sure to start the game as administrator and set "full control" to Everyone for the game folder.
- Use a Defrag tool to improve your disk.
Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:24 AM
1) Go to "Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\"
2) Search for a folder with your account name and open it
3) Search for a folder with the character's shard name and open it
4) Search for a file with your character name
If you have to attach it to the forum, just zip the file first.
Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:09 AM
1) Make sure you are using the plain UI (without texture pack installed).
2) Make sure this problem is not present by using the "Default" UI.
3) Go to "Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\" and make a backup of this folder
4) Get rid of this folder.
5) Now try to open the game and see if the problem still exist. If you still have the problem report it.
6) Restore the file "UserSettings.xml" from the backup and try to open the game and see if the problem still exist.
7) Restore the folder with your account name from the backup and try to open the game and see if the problem still exist.
Other causes may be:
- Your video driver are not present or not updated and the game do not works properly.
- The game is not working properly due to file corruption, so you have to reinstall the game (remember to manually delete the folder after the uninstall process).
- The UI files may have been modified/corrupted, so you have to reinstall the UI.
- Defrag your disk to improve the performance (sometimes may help...)
Posted 05 February 2012 - 08:23 AM
1) Go to the game folder
2) Search for the "UserInterface" folder.
3) Make a copy of the folder "Pinco's UI".
4) Rename the copied folder with the texture pack name. (For example: "Copper")
5) Extract the texture pack package inside the copied folder ("Copper" in our example)
6) Open the game
7) Click the "Custom UI" button
8) Select the UI with the copied folder name ("Copper" in our example)
!!!DO NOT EXTRACT THE TEXTURE PACK INSIDE THE MAIN PINCO'S UI FOLDER!!!
If you do that, when a new version came out the whole UI may result broken.
So ALWAYS keep the original Pinco's UI folder as it is and use copy for everything else.
Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:27 PM
Sometimes your character profile may cause some trouble.
Here is how to regenerate it with EC Profile Manager
NOTE: Make a backup before start this procedure!
1) Select your character profile as Profile 1 (Babbo Befana in the example)
2) Select your character profile as Profile 2 (always Babbo Befana for our example)
Now you should see the warning in the middle of the window which advise you that you have selected the same character (visible in the pink circle of the picture above).
3) On Profile 2 press the rubber button (to reset the profile)
4) Go on settings tab and select all the settings of Profile 1
5) Press the blue "Copy" button (visible on the green circle of the picture above).
6) Save the Profile 2